2008年10月23日 星期四

To Look Back My Writing Skills

Having a good writing skill is important to learn well English. Writing is including paragraphs structure, sentences structure, grammars structure, and right vocbabulary. To me, writing is my wrost part of English. It is because my gammar is not good, vocabulary is not enough, and the main problems to my writing is that ,I don't know how to writing a good essay. In fact, I have to go to America to study English. Most of all, I need to improve my writing skill in ALP classes. As time goes by, I have already studied in ALP for 9 months. Luckily, my writing teachers in ALP are so good. They know how to teach writing and help me to improve my writing skills.
.
Writing is difficult to learn well. Many people say even though native speakers also cannot write a good essay. Writing a good essay need have a good organization, right grammar structure. Also, we cannot miss some transition words, examples and reasons to make the essay looks more coherence and logical. To me, before I took the ALP writing, my writing skill was so poor, I don't know what is thesis statement, and I have no idea about the supporting sentence and how to make the paragraphs be coherence. But now, I can learn many different writing skills from my writing teachers. The reason that I can improve my writing skill in these few months is because I have many writing practice chances . Nowadays, I know how to write an organization essay finally.
.
Moreover, I learned how to aviod the fragment that appeared in my essay. I always miss the verb form inside the sentence because of my grammar problems, so it won't be a complete sentence and teachers named that "fragment". Therefore, I have to double check my sentences after i finished the essay. I need to see whether I write the correct verb form in the sentences, so that I can avoid the fragment sentence can be found in my essay. This is what I feel happy to see my essay becomes better.
.
"Practice makes perfect", there is no ending to me to learn more writing skills. Hence, I have to keep going to improve my writing , like grammar and vocabulary. Using correct grammar and vocabulary are the way to write a good essay. Because I haven't got enough English vocabularies, so that I cannot use the correct word to express my thinking. Furthermore, I have to improve my "Chinese English", I always think my native language, Cantonese before I write an English essay. Therefore, my sentences will become "Chinese Englsih " . This is the main problem to me that I could not write an "A" essay. I hope someday I can totally avoid to use any "Chinese English" sentences in my English essay.
.
Writing is interesting but challenged. I cannot forget to remind myself the writing skill before I write an essay or letter. Taking ALP class is a good way to help me to improve my English writing. However, teachers just only can help me to learn the writing skills, I still have to improve it by myself. Having a good writing skill is not only useful for exam, but also useful for my future job. As a result, I need to thank you all of my writing teachers in ALP that they help me to improve my writing. I will never give up to achieve my goal----to write an "A" essay!!!!

沒有留言: